Marshall ISD presented the 2016-2017 Campus Teachers of the Year for its 11 schools in the district during Monday’s regular April meeting of the MISD Board of Trustees in the Pat Smith-Gasperson Board Room.
Each of the honorees was nominated by their campus principal, based on systems created at each campus to determine their respective Teacher of the Year. These nominees are now eligible to be the district’s nominee for Region 7 Teacher of the Year, which is broken up into an Elementary Teacher of the Year and a Secondary Teacher of the Year. MISD will name its two District Teachers of the Year at the May board meeting.
MISD congratulates all of its Campus Teachers of the Year for 2016-2017, listed below:
• Maria Marquez Hernandez (Washington Early Childhood Center)
• Roshanda Richardson (George Washington Carver Elementary)
• Beth Lee (David Crockett Elementary)
• Angie Munden (Robert E. Lee Elementary)
• Amy Schlebach (South Marshall STEM Academy)
• Vicki Crosby (J.H. Moore Elementary)
• Rachel George (William B. Travis Elementary)
• Joy LePoint (Sam Houston Middle School)
• Carol Kordsmeier (Price T. Young Middle School)
• Eleanor Eckels (Marshall Junior High School)
• Alli Sheppard (Marshall High School)
• Rick Ford (Marshall High School)
A committee of MISD administrators and staff will take the recommendations of principals, study classroom data and indicators, and develop other criteria through a rubric system to select the district’s nominees for Region 7 Teacher of the Year.
The Region 7 Teacher of the Year will be announced during the summer.